Rental period, arrival, departure and keys
- Arrival instructions and house notes will be sent before your arrival
- The keys are supplied on arrival by the house manager or trusted representative
- The rental property is let from the arrival date until the departure date. At the end of the rental period you are to vacate the property and return the keys to the property manager.
- The property must be left in same condition to that in which it was found. Any additional cleaning and repair costs incurred may be passed on to the Tenant at the managers’ sole discretion.
Rental price, payment methods and terms
- Payments may be made online by credit card, by bank transfer or PayPal
- A deposit of 50% is required on booking (or payment in full)
- Balance due 56 days prior to arrival (if less it is due immediately)
- Security / Breakage deposit / insurance: €100 refunded in full 14 days after stay providing there is no damage or loss
- If any payment is late, the owner is entitled to terminate the contract immediately and without notice and to let the property to someone else.
- If you cancel before the departure date, you will be obliged to pay some of the price as follows: If more than 70 days before arrival = full refund. 70 to 43 days = 50% 42 to 0 days = 100%
- Termination must be made in writing (email is acceptable). The date of termination is considered to be date the communication is received by the owner
- All utilities (water, gas & electric) are included in the price of your stay. However we reserve the right to deduct an amount from the deposit if there is extreme consumption.
- All items required for self catering are included for your stay including towels and bedding (Full inventory available on request)
- Entry & exit cleaning and laundry is included in the price and additional cleaning can be arranged with the house manager on arrival.
- Optional extras such as, activities, extra laundry and wi-fi may be requested (please ask for more details)
Liability and responsibilities of the Tenant
- The rental property including the furniture and the other contents are to be treated with care. you are held responsible for the actions of other people, including any guests or visitors you have.
- You are liable for any damaged goods, damage to the property or damage to anything else related to the property, whether caused by yourself or others
- You cannot allow more people to stay in the Property than expressly authorised, nor can you significantly change the makeup of the party during your stay (accompanying guests or visitors).
- You may not transfer your Booking or any rights and responsibilities under this booking to any other person, without our prior written consent
- Faults that are found before or during the rental period are to be reported to the owner or agent immediately
- Animals are allowed with prior consent only
- You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal items while at the property
- You agree to ensure that each member of your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property)
- You agree to allow any representative of ours access to the Property at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs
- You are to pay any tourist taxes required by the Cape Verde Government. If payment is not received the amount will be deducted from the deposit
- Check-in is from 15:00 to 19:00 (Unless previously agreed with the owner)
- Check-out is from 07:00 to 11:00 (Unless previously agreed with the owner)
Liability and responsibilities of the owner
- The owner lets the property (rental object) to the tenant for the duration of the reservation paid for
- The rental property is let fully equipped and furnished with the furnishings found in the inventory (available on request)
- The owner is not responsible for the loss of any personal items during the term
- The owner will not be in breach of this booking contract, or otherwise liable for any failure or delay in performance, arising from any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, flood, fire, explosion or accident